This delicious Polish dessert is quick and easy, so there are no excuses for not impressing your friends with your culinary skills! Thanks to Asia Wicherek for the recipe.
- 100g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- Five eggs
- 1kg cream cheese/ mascarpone
- 1 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup your favourite dried fruit (raisins or candied orange peel) or/and nuts (optional)
For the chocolate glaze
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g butter
- Preheat oven to 150ºC.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Stir in the cream cheese.
- Add the flour and vanilla extract and stir.
- If adding dried fruit and nuts, stir them in now.
- Line a springform pan with baking paper. Pour in the mixture and smooth it over.
- Place the tin in the oven and bake for 90 minutes.
- Let it cool and place in the fridge overnight if possible, or until serving.
- For the glaze, melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over hot water.
- Once melted, pour over your cheesecake and smooth it over.
Enjoy right away or later. It can be kept in the fridge for five to seven days.
Words by Elle Williams